Account Beneficiary Designations
An attractive option is to designate the USAFA Endowment as the future recipient of some or all of what’s left in various accounts you currently hold. Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Retirement Plans, such as an IRA, 401(k), 403(b), or other qualified plan
- Savings and Checking Accounts
- Brokerage Accounts
- Mutual Funds
- Donor Advised Funds
- Insurance Policies
In addition to the satisfaction of making a future gift to help the Air Force Academy, your benefits may include estate tax savings. An additional advantage is that you can change your mind about naming the USAFA Endowment as a beneficiary should circumstances in your life change.
- To change a beneficiary designation you may have the option of logging into the account and updating your beneficiary information online. Otherwise request a beneficiary designation change form to submit to the account administrator.
- Name the USAFA Endowment either as a primary beneficiary or contingent beneficiary. If you name additional primary beneficiaries, we will share equally in the proceeds unless you instruct otherwise (you can indicate a benefit percentage). As a contingent beneficiary, the Endowment will only receive death benefits if all primary beneficiaries pass away before you do.
- In certain circumstances if you have named an irrevocable beneficiary in a retirement or insurance account, that person may need to sign a waiver to obtain their consent for the change.
- If your will has specified the disposition of an account check whether a beneficiary change form overrides your will, it is important that all documents are up to date and consistent.
The USAFA Endowment thanks you. In addition to your satisfaction of making a future gift to the Air Force Academy through the USAFA Endowment, you may qualify for recognition in the Polaris Society.
How Your Gift Helps
Your gifts to the USAFA Endowment help our exceptional cadets and graduates reach new heights. It will provide the Air Force Academy with the resources to…